Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Journey Begins


In exactly 24 hours I will be officially done with college in the traditional sense. Tomorrow I will hand in my final portfolio, and spend my last day in my practicum. Next week I will head up to my new school and meet my CT and future classes. It will be official; I will be a student teacher.

My practicum CT and my students all wrote me little notes and gave them to me today. Their confidence and kind words has more than anything else, helped me to believe that I am truly ready for this next phase in my life.

This time last semester the thought of student teaching turned my legs to rubber. I was great about preaching my theory of teaching, and my own personal philosophy, but all of that goes out the window the first time you stand in front of 24 teenagers. My practicum this semester has shown me that I actually can teach, and that teenagers aren't as scary as they seem. As I enter this new phase in my education, and my life, I stand tall, confident that I know almost nothing, and that that is okay. It is more than okay actually; it is how I should enter my classroom--knowing that I have so much to learn from my students.

Wish me luck!

1 comment: